woensdag 25 augustus 2010

Buy Your CD.

With the release of ‘Love the way you lie’ (watch it here) by Eminem featuring Rihanna I was really fed up with it. Someone really has to tell me why rap-songs always contain the most addictive choruses. It’s such a shame, such a waist of talent. Do I really have to listen to 4 minutes of rap to hear a 10 second beautiful sung chorus?
Of course ‘Love the way you lie’ is just one of the examples of thousands of songs who used the same trick. An other song that uses the same structure is the new hit from B.O.B featuring Hayley Williams (Airplanes). It’s been done over and over again. It really is a trick.


The rap scene is more popular than ever these days, unfortunatly not because of the great rapping that’s been done. This scene is been made so much more mainstream than it originally was. Not that I’m a big rap fan, but I think that people will understand if I say that the highlights in the rap world were ten years ago. The mainstream-idea is extremely visible by all the female singers who clearly don’t mind having to sing just one simple sentence. I really wonder: if they can sing such pretty choruses, why can’t they use their talent to fill a whole album with breathtaking singing and high notes? It’s such a loss.


Once again the music industry proves us that it is extremely moneybased, and much of the passion which fed it for so many years has gone.
It’s a pity really, especially with rapmusic. Its source lays in the need to let themselves been heard. A feeling I recognize as an artist myself. A primary need, which was more important than stupid dollar bills.


Now everytime I hear such a song - and believe me, if you pay attention to it, you hear them very often - it’ll give me a bad and filthy aftertaste. And because of my point of view, I’ll try not to sing the chorus, even if it is so damn catchy and addictive.


J&R

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.